The Senior Associate, Integrated Development provides support, executes activities and actions across the Integrated Development team. In this position, the Senior Associate, Integrated Development will manage new and existing partner outreach, corporate relationships, and logistics. The Associate, Integrated Development will additionally support the team with partnership and UN Foundation awareness efforts generally, as well as coordinate and support the development of new and existing partnership proposals, agreements, and reports.
This role will support the work of the Integrated Development Team, including special events and operations.
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and goals
- Serving as Integrated Development point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with senior leaders to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed
- Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
Research and Relationship Management
- Conducts research around partners, corporate relations, corporate social responsibility, NGO fundraising trends, and major donor prospects
- Prepares donor and prospect profiles, reports, and briefings for both internal and external stakeholders
- Drafts donor and partner thank you notes
- Maintains standard operating procedures, as well as creating or amending any policies and procedures
- Utilizes both organizational and industry best practices and standards, maintain accurate and up-to-date information on prospects and donors
- Manages department Salesforce implementation to enable cross-functional integration and UN Foundation-wide partner awareness
- Oversees systems for prospecting, research and pipeline development
- Prepares and analyzes reports to support efforts of prospect and partner coordination and identification
- Maintains content and data necessary for the creation and implementation of solicitation materials; including, campaign and project specific solicitation materials.
- Coordinates with Finance to oversee routing of and signing of contracts and agreements, financial reconciliation, and donor acknowledgement
- Works with VP of Development to manage revenue forecasts, pipelines and department expenses
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum 3-5 years relevant project management experience, in a development/fundraising unit a plus
- Experience in utilizing CRM software on a daily basis, preferably with Raisers Edge and/or Salesforce
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills to analyze data and understand its relationship to the overall fundraising objectives and ability to provide a written assessment
- Ability to identify and create processes required to support effective partnerships
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Prioritizes and manages multiple assignments simultaneously and able to adapt to changing and competing needs
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Demonstrates ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to be self-directed and work both independently and in a team, ability to follow-through and complete deliverables effectively and efficiently
- Thoroughness and attention to detail are essential
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically as COVID-19 pandemic conditions allow
- Highly proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.